Saturday, February 23, 2013

Still a work in progress

We haven't written anything down for a bit since we're kind of at a stand still. We do start our workshops on Monday, 4 consecutive Monday night classes in San Francisco. We're both excited to meet other couples in the same boat as us. Not to mention date night in the City is a bonus. I already have a list of restaurants that I want to try.

We were really hoping to have everything done by now. The dear birthmother brochure is a lot more challenging than we'd hoped so we're reaching out for some help.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready for when I could actually receive calls from birthmothers. They will have the option to contact the agency or us directly. Since I work from home and am much more available than Lou is at the winery, it'll be my mobile number that is called. Even though I really feel Lou would be better at this (I'll probably just start crying). So, I have the list the adoption agency gave us of dos and don'ts pinned above my desk. We're nervous and excited already. The future is just crazy to us right now.



2 comments:

  1. Keep plugging along my friends and the universe will conspire to make your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    My name is Cari Carlson. Teresa Vargas is a friend of mine and informed me of you entering the world of adoption. I just wanted to offer any help or encouraging words in your journey if need be. Adoption is an overwhelming, lonely, and emotional roller coaster to navigate on your own. I read that a few families have already reached out to you. I encourage you to keep their #'s close by and don't hesitate to call them. As an adoptive parent I look forward to those phone calls from new comers. I love feeling that Im giving back in some way and being part of someone's adoption story. My husband and I have adopted 2 kids ourselves. We live in AZ so it may be a bit different than CA. We were originally with Catholic Charities, but ended up finding both our birthmoms thru friends and family. I won't go into details but if you need anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck in this whirlwind and exciting journey. It will forever change you as a person and I can't wait for you to have your dreams become a reality!
    Cari - cariasu@hotmail.com or 480-338-1498

    ReplyDelete